Friday, April 8, 2022

Hex Education Intro #0

 

Welcome to Hex Education. My name is Mathias, and I will be your guide.


What: This is a series about the creation and play of hex-based tabletop rpgs.

Why: To help those who may not know where to start, or who have found other methods unsuccessful.

When: I’m hoping one post per week, maybe more, maybe less. No strict schedule is in place, but my aim is to be relatively steady.

How: I am currently running a hex-based game with my group of compatriots, and I have thoughts and feelings on the process as a whole that may be useful to interested folks.

Where: Well, here of course. Though, my goal is to get my equipment set-up, and I’ll narrate my posts for those who prefer listening, or for those who have vision disabilities.

Who: The good folk of the realm know me as Mathias. He/Him pronouns are preferred.


Firstly, I am not an expert. I’ve never claimed to be, and never will claim myself as such.

Secondly, little research was conducted. I do not have the time to comb through the many blogs and videos describing hex-based play to make sure I am not repeating what others have done.

Thirdly, I cannot guarantee my method will work for you. I am confident that my method will also change in time, and I reserve the right to change things as I go. I simply wish to share my thoughts and methods with you, in hopes that perhaps, you may find them useful.

Lastly, if you’re looking for flowery language, and all the complicated designer jargon, you will be sorely disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TLDoCR 1

  Here are the first 10 rooms of the Long Dark of Castle Redhelm. This map was used via Dungeon Scrawl, and it looks pretty good so far. Mos...